- October - PSAT (hosted at ESM)
- February - Junior Groups - junior class will meet in small groups with their school counselor about future plans.
- April - ACT (NOT hosted at ESM)
- May - SAT (hosted at ESM)
- Keep your grades up!
- This is the last year that is calculated into your GPA. Make it count!
- Grades improve your chances for scholarships and admissions into college.
- What is after High School?
- Use Naviance to explore post-graduate plans (employment, college, military).
- It is never too early to plan a college visit or meet with an Admissions representative when they visit the high school.
- What should I be doing now?
- If college is part of your plan, then you should be researching and visiting college campuses.
- If the military is part of your plan, then you should be talking to the military recruiters in the hallways.
- If the work force is part of your plan, then you should talk to your counselor about work opportunities.
Crouse Hospital CHOICES Program/Volunteer Opportunities - http://crouse.org/give/volunteer/programs/
Health Career Exploration Camps - http://www.cnyahec.com/
-MedQuest at SUNY Upstate, HealthQuest at Ithaca College, Sr. M.A.S.H. Camp
Online list/database of summer camps in New York State - http://www.summeroncampus.com/Index.html
Summer College at Syracuse University - http://summercollege.syr.edu/
Summer Reading Skills and Speed Reading Programs at Le Moyne College - http://lemoyne.readingprograms.org/
SUNY Upstate - Health Careers Shadow Days -
SUNY Upstate - Volunteer Opportunities - http://www.upstate.edu/volunteers/teen-community.php
Syracuse VA Medical Center Volunteer Opportunities - http://www.syracuse.va.gov/giving/