How to Register New Students
East Syracuse Minoa Central School District's registration office for new students is located in ESM Central High School: 6400 Fremont Rd., East Syracuse, NY 13057
Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Closed on Federal Holidays
Phone: 315-434-3011 Fax: 315-434-3351
Please note a student may be assigned to a school other than his/her own attendance zone to maintain the lowest possible
class sizes in all four elementary schools. Every effort is made to keep families in their attendance zone school.
For your convenience, there are three methods to register your child(ren):
1) Use our online Pre-Registration Website. You'll be able to input most of the information for your children from the comfort of your home. Once you submit your information, we will contact you about finalizing your registration.
2) Print and fill out the Registration Packet prior to visiting our registration office.
3) Make an appointment. Call 315-434-3011
* If you have questions please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315-434-3011
1) Proof of Identity for Parent/Guardian (Examples include but are not limited to):
- Current NYS Driver’s License, passport, or military ID
2) Adequate Proof of Residency: More than one document may be required to prove you are a resident of ESM. Bring as many that apply. (Examples include but are not limited to):
- Current Utility Bill
- Original executed lease/rental agreement for home or apartment within district
- Mortgage/deed documentation
- Statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the district
- Tax Bill (County and/or School)
- Recent payroll stub or unemployment document
- Documents issued by federal, state or local government agencies
- Ex: Department of Social Services documentation
- Post-Office Confirmation of forwarding address
- Landline phone Bill
- Current Medical Insurance Bill
- Social Security (SSI) documentation
3) Proof of Student’s Age: (Examples include but are not limited to):
- Certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism (including a certified transcript of a foreign birth certificate or record of baptism) giving the date of birth.
- Student’s passport (including a foreign passport)
- Student’s Driver’s License
- State or other government issued identification
- Consulate identification card
- Hospital or health records
- Military dependent identification card
- Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies
- Court orders or other court-issued documents
- Native American tribal document
4) Additional Items
- Last Report Card
- Record of Immunizations * In accordance with New York State requirements for school. Please check with your child’s health care provider to be sure records and immunizations are up to date.
- Current Physical/Health Appraisal Form completed by a health care provider within the past year.
- Health History Form (Completed by parent/guardian)
- Medical Background Form (Completed by parent/guardian)
- Home Language Questionnaire (Completed by parent/guardian)
- Registration Packet (if printed out at home)
- Custody paperwork, if applicable
- Copy of Current Special Education IEP/504 Plan, if applicable
5) Optional Documents (Only fill out/submit if applicable)
- Authorization for Dispensing Medications
- Dental Health Certificate (one section to be completed by dentist and one section to be completed by parent/guardian) Complete for grades: Pre-K or K, 2, 4, 7, 10, and New Entrants
- Long Term Transportation Request
- Temporary Housing Form
- Breakfast/Lunch Application: Free and reduced price meals are provided for those who qualify.
Private or Parochial School Enrollment
For families with students attending private or parochial schools, New York State requires each school district to account for all school-age children. Therefore, parents/guardians are required to register their children with the school district in which they reside (your home district). This meets state reporting requirements and informs the transportation department in the child's home district to be aware of potential busing needs.
Please contact the registration office at 315-434-3011.View attendance zones and district boundaries
We look forward to meeting you and working with you and your child(ren)
Dental Health Form
Health Examination Form
Health History Form
Home Language Questionnaire
Long Term Transportation Request
Medical Background Form
NY State Migrant Education Program Parent Survey (English)
NY State Migrant Education Program Parent Survey (Spanish)