Expectations & Code of Conduct
Supervision and Conduct:
Supervision: While the law requires the school district to furnish transportation, it does not relieve parents of the responsibility of supervision until such time as the child boards the bus in the morning and after the child leaves the bus at the end of the school day.
Once a child boards the bus—and only at that time—does he or she become the responsibility of the school district. Such responsibility ends when the child is delivered to the regular bus stop at the close of the school day.
Safe Rider Procedures:
- Observe the same conduct as in the classroom.
- Be respectful to the driver/attendant - follow all instructions.
- Be courteous, use no profane language.
- Stay in your seat
- Keep your hands/feet/personal items to yourself.
- Keep your head, hands and feet inside the bus.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus.
- Keep the bus clean.
- The bus driver is authorized to assign seats
Conduct: The bus is an extension of the classroom and the ESM Board of Education requires children to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with standards for behavior established by the administration.
Please review the East Syracuse Minoa CSD code of conduct