Skip to main content
click for calendar
click for athletics
click for school tool

Exceptions to Regular Transportation

Long-Term Exceptions

Requests for transportation to and from an address other than the home address must be applied for in writing by the parent/legal guardian and submitted no later than April 1 preceding the next school year. A parent or guardian of a child moving to the District after April 1must submit a written request within 30 days after establishing residence in the District. 

Long Term Transportation Request (printable PDF). All requests are to be sent to the Director of Transportation to be considered for approval/disapproval.


Long-term transportation requests must be used for: 

1) A child going to a licensed or registered day care provider. Transportation will be to his/her home school. For example: A child from the Fremont attendance area will be transported to and from any licensed or registered day care facility in the district to the Fremont School.

2) A child going to a non-licensed day care provider. Transportation will only be to and/or from the school that is the sitter's attendance area school. If this is not the child's home school attendance area, special permission must be obtained from the building principal for the child to attend the sitter's attendance area school. Building principals may accept children into his/her building if classroom space permits.

For example: A child in the Fremont attendance area with a sitter in the Woodland attendance area will be transported to and/or from Woodland only if permission to attend Woodland is given by the Principal. A child from the Minoa attendance area with a sitter in the Minoa attendance area will be transported to and/or from Minoa Elementary.

Long Term Transportation Requests must be:

  • For consistent a.m. and consistent p.m. stops
  • For five days a week for the entire year
  • Signed by parent or guardian
  • Submitted by April 1 for the following School Year

Short Term Transportation Requests: 

The Principal and the Transportation Supervisor may approve requests for transportation to and from an address other than the home address on a short term or temporary basis for verified hardships. These conditions are needed for approval:

  • Request is for a period of two weeks or less.
  • No bus stop added or route change required.
  • No change of attendance boundaries is required.

Private And Parochial Transportation Requests:

 All requests for transportation must be made in writing no later than April 1 for the following school year.

New district residents must apply in writing within 30 days of establishing residence.

Joint Custody Exceptions:

*The home school enrollment applies to the elementary buildings.

Divorced or separated parents may have their child get on or off the bus at either parent's home located within the *home school enrollment area, with the written consent of the custodial parent. The pick up/drop off point in the morning and/or afternoon must be consistent on a weekly (5 consistent days) basis. The home school will be determined by the custodial parents address. Copy of divorce or separation agreement pertaining to custody and visitation must be submitted to the Transportation Department.

Change Of Bus Stop Only: 

Requests for students to use a different existing stop on their assigned bus route may be approved by the principal. Changes for only once or twice a week should be discouraged. However, the building principal will be required, if he/she approves such a change to notify the driver in writing on each date that the change is approved


The Transportation provided under the above conditions expires at the end of the school year in which the request occurs. Parent/guardians are required to resubmit a request for an exception the ensuing school year.


For additional information, call Transportation Supervisor Todd Henry at 315-434-3460