Submit a Community Upcoming Event or ActivityThe East Syracuse Minoa Central School District recognizes the importance of communicating events, signups, registrations and information about youth programs and activities. ESM cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor these activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students by distributing their information electronically via ParentSquare.
The District also wishes to honor requests from families to limit non-ESM material that is shared while minimizing the use of staff time and district resources for distribution.
Each Sunday (as needed) ESM will share a “Spartan Sunday Scoop” communication with parents/guardians via ParentSquare, our school-parent communication tool. ESM will make submitted information available under the following guidelines:
Timing & How to Submit:
- Items must be submitted 2 weeks in advance.
- The event/activity must be submitted via our Google Form (Community Upcoming Events-Activities Request Form - link)
- Hard copy (paper) flyers will no longer be distributed in schools.
- Any attachments to the Google form or emailed as a follow-up must be an editable PDF or a Google/Word document. We cannot accept pictures (e.g. jpg or png files) or scans of flyers. This is to comply with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements.
- All PDFs/document files submitted must include the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity on the PDF.
WHO Can Submit?
- Requests may originate from a local non-profit organization, ESM parent group (including PTO and boosters), or an ESM student club or organization.
- Requests may also come from a federal, state, county or local government entity or representative serving the ESM area.
- 501(c)(3) organizations that provide activities of an educational/enrichment nature serving the ESM geographic area may also submit requests.
- The Deputy Superintendent (or designee) must approve all submissions.
- If a submission is approved, it will be posted in an upcoming ParentSquare notification.
- Must be educational in nature, promoting an educational experience, healthy use of leisure time and/or a special enrichment activity for our students/families.
- Must support the basic educational mission of ESM and/or benefit our students/families in a positive manner.
- Must not be in conflict with ESM School District policies, guidelines, or programs
- Cannot be a fundraiser by a non-ESM group/club/organization.
- May not promote activities/events for commercial gain or be political in nature.
- ESM reserves the right to deny any submission that does not meet these guidelines.
- Approval of your submission does not imply District endorsement of any identified product and/or of services.
- An event being held on school property does not guarantee approval or distribution