21 ESM DECA Students Qualify for NYS CompetitionESM DECA, an association of marketing students, had an outstanding performance at the DECA Region 9 Virtual Conference.
Nine students placed in the top 3 of their event to advance to the New York State DECA Virtual Career Conference. Also, 12 students advanced to the state level for their community service projects.
“This has been a very difficult year with presentations being prerecorded and no interaction with the judges. I am very proud of the achievements of these students and the hard work that they put in to be successful,” said DECA advisor Robert Anzalone.
Students advancing that placed at regionals are:
- Zach Seburn, Business Services Marketing, 1st place
- Aryanna Finkelstein, Hospitality Services Team Decision Making, 1st
- Hannah Wright, Hospitality Services Team Decision Making, 1st
- Garrett Hockey, Marketing Management Team Decision Making, 1st
- Branden Warner, Marketing Management Team Decision Making, 1st
- Jessica Baker, Principles of Hospitality & Tourism, 1st
- Jack Tumulty, Principles of BM & Administration, 1st
- Sophia Conzone, Quick Serve Restaurant Management, 2nd
- Nicholas Rhoads, Food Marketing, 3rd
Students advancing to states on community service projects:
- Sophia Conzone, Anna James and Vinny Bova: Glazed & Confused Community Giving Fundraiser
- Camryn Eure and John Holohan: “Leave Your Mark” Commemorative Brick Campaign
- Zach Seburn and Gino Abboud: ESM Red Cross Blood Drive
- Aryanna Finkelstein and Hannah Wright: Winter Virtual Talent Show
- Adam Clendenin, Benjamin Sellers and Spencer Carnival: Start-Up Business Plan